RUCKUS ZoneFlex 7781-CM
Outdoor 4x4:4 2.4/5GHz 802.11ac Wave 2 Wi-Fi access point with DOCSIS 3.1 backhaul
Sorry, this product is no longer available, please contact us for a replacement.
In a fiercely competitive marketplace, multiple system cable operators (MSOs) are looking for new ways to differentiate their services and open new revenue streams. To do it, many are looking to expand branded broadband Wi-Fi throughout their coverage areas. But overlaying existing hybrid fiber coax (HFC) cable networks with new Wi-Fi services can be a complex—and expensive—proposition.
The RUCKUS 7781-CM outdoor access point delivers the industry’s highest performing 802.11n 3x3:3 Wi-Fi in a lightweight, strand-mounted form factor designed to easily integrate with existing HFC networks. It features patented RUCKUS BeamFlex adaptive antenna technology for RF optimization and interference mitigation to extend wireless range and reliability, combined with an integrated DOCSIS 3.0-, EuroDOCSIS-, and Japan-certified cable modem. Available with an omnidirectional antenna, the 7781-CM can provide consistent, reliable data access in a wide range of high-density environments.
The 7781-CM is a perfect choice for MSOs looking to deliver branded Wi-Fi connectivity for hotspot services in neighborhoods, resorts, train stations, and other public locations across their coverage areas. Its low-profile form factor can be easily installed and integrated with HFC networks—using existing mounting, power, backhaul, customer service systems, and other existing cable assets. Network operators can easily create tiered wireless services at different quality levels, data offload solutions, and other new revenue-generating Wi-Fi services. And they can extend reliable managed wireless services outdoors to locations where Ethernet cabling is too expensive or impractical.
The 7781-CM AP incorporates patented technologies found only in the RUCKUS Wi-Fi portfolio.
- Extended coverage with patented BeamFlex+ utilizing mult-directional antenna patterns.
- Improve throughput with ChannelFly, which dynamically finds less congested WiFi channels to use.
The 7781-CM also features a separate monitoring radio sensor to perform real-time spectrum analysis with no packet loss. Additionally, using the 7781-CM’s integrated GPS capabilities, operators can automatically establish the exact location of each access point on a network map—greatly simplifying installation and maintenance.
Whether operators deploying ten or ten thousand APs, the 7781-CM is also easy to manage through Ruckus’ appliance, virtual and cloud management options.
Features and Benefits:
Good Outdoor Wi-Fi
Industrial-grade IP-67 hardened enclosures (-40°C to +65°C)
Good Wi-Fi Performance
Provide a great user experience no matter how challenging the environment with BeamFlex+ adaptive antenna technology using over 2,000 directional antenna patterns.
Get Optimal Throughput
Improve performance automatically with ChannelFly and machine learning, which finds less congested Wi-Fi channels with dynamic RF channel selection.
More Than Wi-Fi
Enhance your network with Cloudpath security and management software, SPoT real-time Wi-Fi location engine and analytics software, and SCI network analytics.
- 3x3:3 streams concurrent dual-band (2.4GHz/5GHz) operation
- BeamFlex+ adaptive antenna technology and advanced RF manage- ment
- Automatic interference mitigation, optimized for highdensity environments
- Advanced QoS packet classification and automatic priority for latency sensitive traffic
- Airtime fairness
- Continuous spectrum analysis
- WPA-PSK (AES), 802.1X support Up to 9dB added signal gain (Rx and Tx combined) / 15dB interference mitigation
- Polarization diversity for ideal mobile device performance
- Flexible tunneling
- Dynamic channel management remote monitoring and network management
- Band steering, Band balancing
- Integrated DOCSIS 3.0 / EuroDOCSIS / JCTEA (JapanDOCSIS) cable modem with 8x4 channel bonding
- Integrated GPS for location based services
- Standard 15.4W PoE output, for powering IP surveillance camera, small cell, or fiber interface
- Powered by cable infrastructure
- Flexible mounting: strand, pedestal, pole, facade
- Application recognition and control
- Smart Positioning Technology (Real-time location engine and analytics software)
- Cloudpath (Security and management software)
- SmartCell Insight (Network analytics engine)
Outdoor strand-mounted 802.11n AP with integrated cable modem
Maximum PHY Rate
- 450 Mbps (5GHz)
- 450 Mbps (2.4GHz)
Max. Interference Mitigation
- -40ºC (-40ºF) to +65ºC (149 ºF)
- -10ºC (14ºF) to +65ºC (149 ºF)
Download the RUCKUS ZoneFlex 7781-CM Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.